Saturday, May 29, 2010

FILLED WITH STIRRING EMOTIONS OF REACHING THE SUMMIT OF KILIMANJARO

Dear All
I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY REACHED THE SUMMIT YESTERDAY 5:40AM . IT WAS AN EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE AND I'M GLAD I HAVE TAKEN UP THIS CHALLENGE TO FUNDRAISE FUNDS TOWARDS HELPING CHILDREN AND PARENTS BREAK THE CYCLE OF POVERTY
Haven't got with me the the cables of my camera to send you photos of the kilimanjaro trip . As soon I reach Dubai will post them on Facebook.
How was it ?... well the climb to the top of the kilimajaro gets though and at the times you just want to give up but something I learned working among the slums in a country that is resistant to change that has no empathy what so ever for the slum dwellers where is more sabotages and setbacks on your way so much politics where the interests of the child is the least of the priority of those on the top , is that we cannot give up , because then you will not experience achievement . Your dreams will remain just that - dreams and the only way to turn them into reality is if we keep persevering .Climbing a trail that is very steep with a lot of stone scree requires a great physical and mental effort trust me easy done compared with what one was to endure on the daily basics to maximize the potential of the children and their parents .
-George Bernard Shaw said once "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." so there is no stopping me and my volunteers team .
Would like to thank Rob Thomas that was the only one that responded to my 2000 appeal e mails seeking sponsorship , ( I am glad to report that 3 more people came forward willing to sponsor after I reached the summit ), 7 days the only newspaper willing to create awareness and cover the story , to Samar that never doubted I could reach the summit , Avanca the village where I have grown up for the amazing homenage (homage) surprise party few days before the climb that has empowered me to believe I am not alone on my fight over poverty , for my amazing volunteering team that are beyond resilient and been working round clock like Armenio and Cristina to ensure we give voice to those forgotten ones :)
If you wish to sponsor or know of anyone that would like to sponsor
Below are the details

Name ...............: MARIA CONCEICAO PROJECT - ASSOCIACAO
Country.............: PORTUGAL
BANK.................: BPI
ACCOUNT No..: 2-4471622.000.001
NIB....................: 0010 0000 44716220001 75
IBAN..................: PT50 0010 0000 4471 6220 0017 5
BIC....................: BBPIPTPL

Our website untill we create the Maria Conceicao Project is
www.the-catalyst.org

Thank you a gazillion billion

Maria Conceicao
maria_conceicao@yahoo.com
+971504183270

No comments: