Saturday, December 3, 2011

Feedback from Ai Fukuhara (Japan)

I am Ai Fukuhara from Japan who stayed in the Dhaka Project for 9 days as a volunteer. First of all, I would like to say thank you very much to all the staff and the students in TDP. There was full of warm atmosphere and I was always welcomed whenever I went.
The stay program was well organized and I could gain more understanding about how TDP worked. Most impressing part of my stay was to see a contrast between the school and the families around it. I had a chance to visit some families whose children were candidates to join the school.
I saw and actually felt the reality of their poverty and difficulties. On the other hand, I joined the classroom in TDP and mixed with the students who were lively, cheerful and eager to learn. Through this experience, I could see how the education gave hope to them and made difference on people. I went to TDP as a volunteer but it was me who was encouraged by people in the school with their energy and smile.
Thank you so much for giving me an opportunity to have such a precious experience. I really hope to visit again soon." Best regards- Ai Fukuhara

No comments: